Why EMS 14001-2015?
EMS 14001:2015 specifies the requirements for an environmental management system that a company could utilize to boost its environmental performance.
EMS 14001:2015 is intended for use by a company looking for to manage its environmental responsibilities in a systematic way that adds to the environmental sustainability. ISO 14001:2015 assists an organization attain the desired results of its environmental management system, which provide value for the atmosphere, the company itself and also interested events
Course Key Facts
Who is the course for?
- Quality-Managers (QA/QC Personnel), Engineers, Professionals in Environmental Fields (Chemical, Leather, Paint, etc.),
- Technical Experts.
- Document Controllers, Internal Auditors, Implementation
- NBA / NAAC Coordinators & Consultants, Management System/ ISO / TQM Consultants.
- Students and Job seekers in Quality field /Abroad Placements /Career Development.
Explain the purpose of an environmental management system, of environmental management systems standards, of a management system audit and third-party certification, and the business and societal benefits of improving environmental performance.
Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an environmental management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable
a) Management systems
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review, and continual improvement
b) Environmental management
- Enhancement of environmental performance
- Fulfillment of compliance obligations
- Achievement of environmental objectives
C) ISO 14001
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001 and the commonly used environmental management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 14001, which may be gained by completing an CQI & IRCA Certified EMS Foundation Training course or the equivalent.
Course Content: ISO 14001
- Module 1: Overview of EMS
- Module 2: Review of ISO 14001 requirements
- Module 3: Fundamentals of audits
- Module 4: Auditor roles, responsibilities, knowledge and skills
- Module 5: EMS Audit – overview
- Module 6: Planning the EMS audit
- Module 7: Performing the audit
- Module 8: Reporting and following up an audit